CLICK HERE to review the COVID-19 cleaning guidelines set by VRMA
CLICK HERE to view our COVID-19 Guest Information Page
True Survivor could be the name of this charming beach cottage. This beautiful cottage survived the storms that ravaged Topsail Island in 1996 and was extensively and beautifully remodeled. Now years later the property was hit by Hurricane Florance and renovated once again. If you love the traditional beach cottage feel but need modern conveniences, Doyle's Solitude has just what you are looking for.
Doyle's Solitude has an open living, kitchen, and dining area with access to the oceanfront deck via sliding glass door. The kitchen of Doyle's Solitude has most of the luxuries of home including a microwave, coffee maker, toaster and refrigerator and dishwasher. The dining room of Doyle's Solitude offers seating for 8 and bar stools at the counter. The family room of Doyle's Solitude located on the 1st level of the home invites you in with the nautical decor and comfortably seats 10 The 1st level living area is also equipped with color cable television with VCR so bring your family favorites or rent them locally. Upstairs, is a separate living area with oceanfront deck access, bed, and bath. The views from here are breathtaking.
As of the 2020 rental season the property no longer offers a screened in porch. The deck space as been transformed to a more open area with a swing and picnic table and the walkway to the ocean has a sitting area to watch the kids play on the beach. The lower parking area doubles as a game room with a ping-pong table and access to the beach.
A private upstairs master suite with its own sitting room overlooking the ocean is perfect for the adults to sit and watch the waves. The kids have their own room downstairs with two pyramid bunks. The third bedroom has a queen bed and overlooks the deck and ocean. A fully equipped kitchen is located in the great room with bench style seating at the table and the living area leading to the screened in porch.
Located approximately one mile south of the traffic light in Surf City, this home is within walking or biking distance of the pier, shopping, and several restaurants.
Summer fills up quick so book your stay at Doyle's Solitude today!
- Click here for information on current Topsail Island Beach Nourishment Projects.
- Sorry but NO PETS are allowed at this property.
- No Smoking is allowed inside this property.
- Linens are not provided but can be rented along with your reservation. Please ask for pricing information. Pillows and blankets will be provided for all advertised sleeping arrangements.
- This property has a 3 night stay minimum requirement for all reservations during our Castaway and Low Maritime seasons. A 7 night Saturday to Saturday stay will be required during our High Maritime, Bungalow and Buccaneer seasons. Please see rate section for season dates.
- No pesky Security Deposits! An Accidental Damage Program is included with all reservations.
- This property offers Keyless Pin Pad Entry. Access Codes will be sent to you via txt shortly before arrival.